- Teodor Karakolev is professional musician, currently in his forth semester at Berklee College of Music. There, he is specializing particularly in composition for the Film Industry and mastering the art of performing as a Marimba/Vibraphone player.
- Teodor Karakolev is born in 1992 in Sofia, Bulgaria. He grew up in a family of non-musicians, but his whole childhood was music related. From the age of 7 to 14, he was part of the Children’s Choir of The Bulgarian National Radio. He was soloist on one of their albums, called “Vitamins, Vitamins” and in addition to that, he had over 150 concerts with the Choir, including tours in Japan, Italy and Czech Republic. At the same age of 7 (1999), he started taking private piano and solfeggio lessons until he got accepted in 2002 in the National School of Music “L. Pipkov”, but with Total-Percussion. There, Teodor was studying the art of music, particularly examining in the classes the music until the 20th century. He took private lessons in Total Percussion, Piano and classes in core music theory and composition. He graduated from the Music School in 2011. And from the beginning of 2012, he continued pursuing music education in Berklee College of Music, Boston.
- Teodor Karakolev is active performing artist since a very small age. He participated in a huge number of music related concerts. Also, during his period in the Music School, he went to a couple competitions as a performer in a Percussion Chamber Ensemble, where he and the ensemble won second price, twice. In addition to that, as a percussionist, Teodor was part of the school orchestra for 8 years and from 2009 to 2011 he was a percussionist in the Youth Pioneer Orchestra and in 2011 he played as a percussionist on one of the regular concerts of the famous Bulgarian National Radio Orchestra.
- Despite his performance interest, recently Teodor Karakolev has started exploring the art of composition. His first attempts for composing original music were around 2005, but his truly first published work is a piece, called “Feelings” (2009) for solo marimba. This piece competed on a composition competition and received an honorable mention. Since then, Teodor is experimenting in a variety of genres – from classical solo performing, folk and Ethno Bulgarian music to contemporary pop music. One of the songs he co-composed ended up to be performed by the 4-th finalist in the Bulgarian “The Voice” and became a successful song, hitting number on in the top ten radios in Bulgaria for over 5 months.
- Today, Teodor Karakolev is continuing exploring the art of music and particularly composition. With the opportunity of studying in a college with such a huge music community, Teodor is hoping that one day he will be an established musician, who has proven that his gift is valuable and helpful to the people, who need it.
Experience & Education
Music/Short Video Producer for Free LancerNovember 2012 to Present (6 months)
I'm doing music videos for people around Berklee.
Camera Operator for Berklee Video ServicesApril 2012 to Present (about a year)
I'm working as a Camera Operator and Video/Audio Engineer in Berklee Video Services. We shoot videos in all the Berklee Venues.
Producer, Composer, Arranger, Artist for Self-employmentMarch 2008 to Present (over 5 years)
I produced songs with a developing artists. That way I'm establishing myself as a Composer in the music industry
Arranger, Composer for Universal Music BulgariaJuly 2011 to February 2012 (7 months)
Together with Universal Music and the finalist of "The Voice" (for Bulgaria), Todor Gadjalov, worked on a couple of song projects, that are becoming pretty famous in Bulgaria.
Bachelor in Film Scoring at Berklee College of Music2012 to Present (Expected completion 2014)
High-School in Classical Music Performance at National School of Music2003 to 2011 (8 years)