Hailing from New Paltz, NY, I grew up a part of a very musical family. Since high school, I have been moving forward at full speed to make the most of my music and my career as an artist.
Some of my most important accomplishments include
- in March of 2013, I was flown to Kauai, HI to record at Steelgrass Studios with Will Lydgate and Andrew “Tubby Love” Terrett. The songs we recorded are set to be aired on Hawaiian radio.
- I recently was the featured vocalist for a vocal production session with Berklee alum and GRAMMY winning producer Miles Walker.
- raising $15,000 through a crowd funding campaign to produce and distribute my first full length album entitled “Comfort” (set to be released in Oct.) with Mad Satta. Mitch Benoff, Prince Charles Alexander and Carlos Perez de Anda are the producers for the album.
- Summer of 2013, I booked and played a three week tour with Mad Satta around CT, NY, MA, DC and PA. It was extremely well received and covered in multiple publications.*
- currently working on (in addition to my own album with Mad Satta) an album of completely original music with Berklee alum super group Drew of the Drew. The band includes “double drums” (Guitar Center drumoff winner) JP Bouvet and Ian Barnett, Madeleine Rice and Drew of the Drew. (see “Can’t Save Me”.) Album is written, recorded and produced completely independently in NYC.
- featured vocalist/soloist/ USA representative for Rhythm of the Universe in 2011 and the official music video.
- touring Los Angeles in the summer of 2011 to play Brazilian bossa nova and samba with Berklee Presidential Scholar Balam Garcia
- touring San Juan, Puerto Rico to tour with her band Da’Bone Hip Hop Project in January of 2012.
- before returning to San Juan in August of 2012 with Lowtone Society, I pitched a tour budget to Berklee’s external affairs. They funded us with $4,000 to help pay for plane tickets and also set our group up with opportunities to run clinics with students in Puerto Rico on jazz, hip-hop music and original music.
Experience & Education
Resident Musician for Devlin'sJanuary 2012 to Present (over 8 years)
With the HubDub, one of Boston's finest reggae/dub bands.
Resident Musician for Trés GatosNovember 2011 to Present (over 8 years)
With Berklee Presidential scholars Balam Garcia and Oscar Suchanek
Lead Singer, Songwriter, Co-Manager for Lowtone SocietySeptember 2011 to Present (over 8 years)
Amalgamation of Berklee students from Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, New York, California and Ohio, well known for their original music and tribute concerts to hip-hop greats (Erykah Badu, The Roots, D'Angelo, Kanye West)
Lead Singer, Songwriter, Co-Manager for Mad SattaMay 2009 to Present (over 10 years)
"I love this! (Teters) sounds beautiful, really gorgeous, soulful tone" - Gretchen Parlato "The combination of these dynamic young musicians is bold, infectious and appealing to audiences of all kinds" -The Shrine, NYC "Very groovy. Great voice!" -Bobby McFerrin